Gin Slush Cocktail
This super easy recipe for lemonade & gin Slush Puppie is an adult spin on the nostalgic childhood treat.
Remember as a child you were taken out for the day with your parents. You might stop somewhere for some refreshments; seaside fish and chips with too much salt and vinegar; crazy cotton candy all fluffy and light; a Mr Whippy ice-cream with hundreds and thousands, strawberry sauce and a chocolate flake that drips down the cone if you’re not fast enough to eat it; or if you were really lucky you might have been treated to a Slush Puppie. Were you a strawberry or blue raspberry lover?!
Now I don’t know if you’ve had a Slush Puppie of late but they just don’t taste the same as when you were a 7-year- old. We have revolutionised the childhood classic and added a splash of gin for a pure grown up treat!
There are quite a few different versions of this out there with a quite a long list of ingredients, but we like to keep things simple. This is the easiest recipe EVER and it only contains 2….yes 2, ingredients!
Ingredients (for 2 small but strong servings):
- 100ml lemonade – we found that a good quality traditional lemonade variety worked best as it had a more intense flavour.
- 50ml gin – we made a batch with our Cottingley Fairy Elderflower gin from this month’s box. A flavoured gin (such as our Sugar Plum Fairy Gin) would also work really well as it gives an added flavour of dark fruits.
- Combine the lemonade and gin in a container that’s suitable to be put in the freezer.
- Freeze until semi-solid (ours took about 3.5/4 hours to freeze).
- Grab a fork and gently break the mixture up so that it resembles that of a Slush Puppie
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tip: Eat this as soon as possible. It's much tastier when the lemonade hasn't been sitting in the freezer overnight.